Friday, March 25, 2016

The Launch of Jennings Java


Coffee is life.

According to hubpages.com, the world’s most popular drink (excluding water) is coffee. If you were to take a look around in your day to day life, you will notice that you can barely take a step without running into something involving coffee. Coffee is in the workplace, on the counter in the morning, on your plane ride for vacation, at the gas station just around the corner, on the table during a great conversation with friends, and you know that there is an abundant amount of coffee down at the local café.

When I was just four years old, my father offered me my first sip of coffee as he was preparing to head out for a business meeting. At this stage, I was not used to the idea of a drink that was hot, so the coffee quickly burnt my tongue making me spit it out all over my dad’s business attire. Since then my taste buds have matured, and I have gained an extreme appreciation for the world’s most popular drink. During the last 10 years, I have explored a whole wide range of different coffees. I have tried many mochas, iced frappuccinos, warm lattes, shots of espresso, and, of course, many basic cups of black coffee. I have changed from month to month on how I like to make my morning joe. For instance, at one stage I may have been very into iced coffee, or lattes, or for several months I may have preferred americanos. At one time I was also into different kinds of shots of espresso. However, recently I have become very interested in trying coffee from all around the world and gaining a better understanding of what each country’s coffee taste is like. My current drink I prepare in the morning is what is called, in barista terms, a “black eye”.  A “black eye” is simply a drip coffee (which is currently Java Jennings +Full City Rwanda Roast) and a shot of espresso.

From a young age, I have always had the entrepreneurial spirit reside in me. I was always telling my dad about all the visions I had to start different kinds of companies when I became older. When I was around 12 years old, I started and ran a lawn care company around my neighborhood to help make a little extra cash. During this time I was blessed to have gained a lot of knowledge on how to interact with customers and the essentials to running a business. However, at this young age, I was not the smartest with how I dealt with my money. I was able to blow through the cash I earned pretty fast at the local coffee shop. It was at this age I really started to gain a passion for coffee, and the way coffee could incorporate its way into a person’s life. I began to dig deeper into the passion I had for coffee and learn as much as I could about creating an amazing cup of coffee. It was around this time that I started to have dreams and aspirations of eventually running and operating my own coffee house. Recently I realized that it is never too early to start your career. So even though I am still in college, my father and I decided to embark on a journey to share our passion for coffee with others through Jennings Java Coffee Roasters.

It is my hope that you will join us on a journey filled with passion and excitement, and incorporate Jennings Java Coffee into your daily life. I believe that Jennings Java Coffee speaks for itself in the terms of quality, and you won’t be disappointed.
Feel free to message me with any questions. I love to help people better understand the process to creating the highest quality coffee.


1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here enjoying my first cup ever of Jennings Java. What a great start to the morning!!

    ReplyDelete